As your Chief I will continue to:
- Make sure our decisions are based on our Treaty Rights
- Ensure protection and enhancement of our Treaty and Inherent Rights.
- Ensure that our Elder's knowledge of our Cree culture, language, and traditions are proudly shared, promoted and kept alive.
- Lobby for equitable funding for education and social programs.
- Promote wellness in personal and community endeavours.
- Support culture, recreation and youth initiatives.
- Build houses and lobby for additional funding as housing is a high priority for membership.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility, transparency and good band management.
- Lobby for capital projects, sub divisions, water and sewer, including a bridge for Sucker River.
- Take strong stands to ensure the LLRIB gets its fair share in negotiations with all governments, business, industry and other stakeholders.
- Bring the council meetings to the communities, where all band members are welcome.
- Support and attend community gatherings, functions, celebrations and in times of need.
I am committed to :
- Lobbying for funding and support, to build a Wellness Treatment Centre, with the help and guidance of community members.
- Developing a role model and mentorship program to celebrate the achievements and successes of our members.
- Proceeding with the appeal process to have the Timber Bay Children's Home recognized and added to the Indian Residential School Settlement Agreement.
- Work on the Little Red Timber Claim as we have proceeded to the Federal Tribunal process
- Build on our successes in economic development.
- Build strong First Nations Health, Social and Education systems.
With former Chief John Cook, February 11, 2014, celebrating the 125th Anniversary Adhesion to Treaty 6.